I’ve searched and searched; just wondering if anyone can help me.
OKay, when I was a kid in the 80’s, my dad would occasionally drop us kids off at a small theater in our town. I think there were 2 screens, so not a cineplex. I think it was similar to the “dollar movie” places. If they were R rated, he would stay with us for about 10 minutes and then leave. He’d come back after the movies (2 or three different movies at a time). This was the middle of the day, not, like, 8pm or anything. When we got out, it was still daylight. Anywho, the only real details I can remember are:
- Fantasy and/or adventure.
- Arid environment (not a lot of trees in the world).
- Warriors with weightlifting type bodies.
- Costumes made of fur.
- Giant glass/crystal (see through) swords. Maybe 5 or 6 feet long, 4 sided blades, very thick at the bottom, no curves, ends in a point. Think if a basic diamond shape at the base, maybe 6 inches wide, where it is the thickest, angled toward the top like a giant pyramid.
- The climactic scene had the hero cutting the head off of the bad guy, and his head rolling down a hill to a stop.
So, this would’ve been before 1984. Very possible that it was older, like 70’s. I’m pretty sure it got it’s R rating from the violence. That’s about all I can remember.
All help is greatly appreciated.
No idea what tags to add.